People often think the minute you have kids, the fun part of life is over. Your time isn’t yours anymore, you lose your freedom and your independence, however we’re here to paint a different picture for you. Yes babies and kids require a lot of your time and attention, but that doesn’t mean that life has to stop the minute they enter your world. Here are some of our top tips to help you travel with a baby and make your trip as seamless as possible.
- Do Your Research Before you book your flights and accommodation, make sure they accommodate for kids and babies. Whether that means booking the front row seats on the plane to make sure you have extra leg room or making sure your hotel has a big enough space with cot facilities, always do your research.
- Stay True to You Don’t let your baby rule your holiday, you are in charge. Continue to do what you would usually do on a holiday and let your baby come for the ride. If that means going on a romantic dinner date and hiring a nanny to look after your baby for a few hours, then go for it.
- Babies are Resilient Yes they can cry and scream, but for the most part they are pretty resilient. Take them to any bright and noisy restaurant and they’ll sleep all the way through! Just make sure you’ve got all the essentials like a bottle and blanket and you’re good to go.
- Stay Stress Free When you’re stress free, your baby is stress free too. But when you’re stressed and frazzled, believe it or not, so is your baby. They feed off of your energy, so stay calm wherever possible for a more enjoyable ride!
- Travel Light Make sure you’re fully equipped before you travel with all the things you need to carry your baby. We recommend investing in a wrap or a baby Bjorn to keep them close without bulky accessories and the hassle of a pram!